Santa Fe Engines


Unknown Unknown 1070.0265.0000.jpg RR-265 Color 1070-0265-0000 1070.0265.0000 35mm Slide <2x3 Historic Photographs June 1985 Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives


Santa Fe Engines near Truxton, Arizona, on Route 66.

Truxton is a very small village in western-central Mohave County, in the northwestern part of Arizona.

After Mexico ceded this area to the United States, the government sent Captain Lorenzo Sitgreaves (b. 1810 -  d. 1888) in 1851 to lead an expedition through New Mexico and Arizona to survey the Zuni and Colorado Rivers.The Atlantic and Pacific Railroad (which later became the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad) built their railroad through the area. They set up a stop at Truxton in the late 1800s but moved the tracks to higher ground after the floods of 1904.

Source: The Route 66. Truxton.


To purchase this image please click on the NOTIFY US button and we will contact you with details

Notify Us

The process for online purchase of usage rights to this digital image is under development. To order this image, CLICK HERE to send an email request for details. Refer to the ‘Usage Terms & Conditions’ page for specific information. A signed “Permission for Use” contract must be completed and returned. Written permission from Sharlot Hall Museum is required to publish, display, or reproduce in any form whatsoever, including all types of electronic media including, but not limited to online sources, websites, Facebook Twitter, or eBooks. Digital files of images, text, sound or audio/visual recordings, or moving images remain the property of Sharlot Hall Museum, and may not be copied, modified, redistributed, resold nor deposited with another institution. Sharlot Hall Museum reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any of its materials, and to impose such conditions as it may deem appropriate. For certain scenarios, the price for personal usage of the digital content is minimal; CLICK HERE to download the specific form for personal usage. For additional information, contact the Museum Library & Archives at 928-445-3122 ext. 14 or email: