Oak Creek Lodge, Sedona, Arizona
detailsUnknown Unknown buh7007p.jpg BU-H-7007 B&W 1404.7007.0000 buh7007p Copy Negative 4x4 Historic Photographs 1940 Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives
View of the lodge with mountain backdrop.
The lodge was built as a cabin the early 1870s by a hunter known as Bear Howard. Carl Mayhew, a still photographer from Flagstaff, purchased the site in 1925 and opened the cabin as a lodge. The lodge remained operational in Oak Creek Canyon from 1925 to 1968. Source: Historical Marker Project: A Canyon Retreat.
To purchase this image please click on the NOTIFY US button and we will contact you with details
The process for online purchase of usage rights to this digital image is under development. To order this image, CLICK HERE to send an email request for details. Refer to the ‘Usage Terms & Conditions’ page for specific information. A signed “Permission for Use” contract must be completed and returned. Written permission from Sharlot Hall Museum is required to publish, display, or reproduce in any form whatsoever, including all types of electronic media including, but not limited to online sources, websites, Facebook Twitter, or eBooks. Digital files of images, text, sound or audio/visual recordings, or moving images remain the property of Sharlot Hall Museum, and may not be copied, modified, redistributed, resold nor deposited with another institution. Sharlot Hall Museum reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any of its materials, and to impose such conditions as it may deem appropriate. For certain scenarios, the price for personal usage of the digital content is minimal; CLICK HERE to download the specific form for personal usage. For additional information, contact the Museum Library & Archives at 928-445-3122 ext. 14 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.