Second Yavapai County Courthouse


D. F. Mitchell Unknown bug505pb.jpg BU-G-505 B&W 1403-0505-0002 bug505pb Stereograph Print 3.5x7.5 Historic Photographs July 4th, 1881 Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives


Courthouse decorated for the 4th of July.

With statehood came a move to replace the county's old courthouse, which was located on the corner of Gurley and Cortez Streets in downtown Prescott. This second courthouse was built in 1876 and open to the public in 1878. It featured an exterior of Prescott Granite and the interior was reinforced with concrete. An all-steel framework and copper roof made the building fireproof. Source: Sharlot Hall Museum: Yavapai County Courthouse (brochure published in 2015).

In 1915, the second courthouse was torn down, and the third courthouse built in 1916.


To purchase this image please click on the NOTIFY US button and we will contact you with details

Notify Us

The process for online purchase of usage rights to this digital image is under development. To order this image, CLICK HERE to send an email request for details. Refer to the ‘Usage Terms & Conditions’ page for specific information. A signed “Permission for Use” contract must be completed and returned. Written permission from Sharlot Hall Museum is required to publish, display, or reproduce in any form whatsoever, including all types of electronic media including, but not limited to online sources, websites, Facebook Twitter, or eBooks. Digital files of images, text, sound or audio/visual recordings, or moving images remain the property of Sharlot Hall Museum, and may not be copied, modified, redistributed, resold nor deposited with another institution. Sharlot Hall Museum reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any of its materials, and to impose such conditions as it may deem appropriate. For certain scenarios, the price for personal usage of the digital content is minimal; CLICK HERE to download the specific form for personal usage. For additional information, contact the Museum Library & Archives at 928-445-3122 ext. 14 or email: