Prescott National Bank


Erwin Baer Heil Drug Store buba3002pb.jpg BU-BA-3002 Sepia 1401-3002-0002 buba3002pb Postcard 4x6 Historic Photographs 1910s Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives


View of Masonic Temple, Prescott National Bank, Bank of Arizona Building, and Biles-Lockhart Clothing Company. This is the intersection of East Gurley and North Cortez Streets.

Originally the Prescott State Bank, it was organized under the name Prescott National Bank in 1893. The driving force and first president was F.M. Murphy. Vice president was M. Goldwater and the cashier was R. C. Woodruff. In 1913 bank officers were R.N. Fredericks, Morris Goldwater, F. G. Brecht, H.A. Cheverton, L.C. Derrick, and P.H. Deming.

The Prescott National Bank was a major factor in the building up of Prescott and the surrounding country.


Yavapai magazine, December 1917

Who’s Who in Arizona, Vol. 1


To purchase this image please click on the NOTIFY US button and we will contact you with details

Notify Us

The process for online purchase of usage rights to this digital image is under development. To order this image, CLICK HERE to send an email request for details. Refer to the ‘Usage Terms & Conditions’ page for specific information. A signed “Permission for Use” contract must be completed and returned. Written permission from Sharlot Hall Museum is required to publish, display, or reproduce in any form whatsoever, including all types of electronic media including, but not limited to online sources, websites, Facebook Twitter, or eBooks. Digital files of images, text, sound or audio/visual recordings, or moving images remain the property of Sharlot Hall Museum, and may not be copied, modified, redistributed, resold nor deposited with another institution. Sharlot Hall Museum reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any of its materials, and to impose such conditions as it may deem appropriate. For certain scenarios, the price for personal usage of the digital content is minimal; CLICK HERE to download the specific form for personal usage. For additional information, contact the Museum Library & Archives at 928-445-3122 ext. 14 or email: