Lynx Creek Dam After 1891 Flood
detailsE. M. Jennings/Prescott, Arizona Unknown dam104pb.jpg DAM-104 B&W 1025.0104.0002 dam104pb Photo Card Print 5x7 Historic Photographs 1891 Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives
Picture shows a portion of the Lynx Creek Dam destruction after the flood in February 1891. Preliminary work on the dam began in March 1890 and commenced in early February 1891. The dam was built by Barlow Messicks. It was built of large masonery stone and two walls of Portland cement and filled with lime concrete. The Lynx Creek Dam was built for the purpose of placer mining having over 2,000 feet of flume and 1000 feet of sluice boxes. The dam washed out and was severely damaged just days after completion.
To purchase this image please click on the NOTIFY US button and we will contact you with details
The process for online purchase of usage rights to this digital image is under development. To order this image, CLICK HERE to send an email request for details. Refer to the ‘Usage Terms & Conditions’ page for specific information. A signed “Permission for Use” contract must be completed and returned. Written permission from Sharlot Hall Museum is required to publish, display, or reproduce in any form whatsoever, including all types of electronic media including, but not limited to online sources, websites, Facebook Twitter, or eBooks. Digital files of images, text, sound or audio/visual recordings, or moving images remain the property of Sharlot Hall Museum, and may not be copied, modified, redistributed, resold nor deposited with another institution. Sharlot Hall Museum reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any of its materials, and to impose such conditions as it may deem appropriate. For certain scenarios, the price for personal usage of the digital content is minimal; CLICK HERE to download the specific form for personal usage. For additional information, contact the Museum Library & Archives at 928-445-3122 ext. 14 or email: email@example.com.