Howey Hall & Prescott Firehouse
detailsUnknown Unknown fi0176pa.jpg FI-0176 B&W 1350-0176-0001 fi0176pa Print 5x7 Historic Photographs 1930s Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives
On the left side of the Fire Department building is Howey Hall, the site of Prescott's present day City Hall. Howey Hall, on the southeast corner of Cortez and Goodwin Streets, was under construction when Michael Goldwater (future co-owner of the Goldwater Store) visited Prescott in the early summer of 1876. The second floor of Howey Hall contained a large multipurpose room, which was used as the meeting place of the first Masonic Lodge in Arizona.
To purchase this image please click on the NOTIFY US button and we will contact you with details
The process for online purchase of usage rights to this digital image is under development. To order this image, CLICK HERE to send an email request for details. Refer to the ‘Usage Terms & Conditions’ page for specific information. A signed “Permission for Use” contract must be completed and returned. Written permission from Sharlot Hall Museum is required to publish, display, or reproduce in any form whatsoever, including all types of electronic media including, but not limited to online sources, websites, Facebook Twitter, or eBooks. Digital files of images, text, sound or audio/visual recordings, or moving images remain the property of Sharlot Hall Museum, and may not be copied, modified, redistributed, resold nor deposited with another institution. Sharlot Hall Museum reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any of its materials, and to impose such conditions as it may deem appropriate. For certain scenarios, the price for personal usage of the digital content is minimal; CLICK HERE to download the specific form for personal usage. For additional information, contact the Museum Library & Archives at 928-445-3122 ext. 14 or email: email@example.com.