Williamson Valley Cemetery


details

Unknown Unknown c0111pd.jpg C-111 B&W 1020.0111.0004 c0111pd Print 3x5 Historic Photographs June 1985 Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives

Description

Gravestone of Frank W. Neal (b. 1879 - d. 1909).

James Willard "Bill" Stewart (b. 1855 - d. 1930) arrived in the Arizona Territory in 1875 and had various jobs as a cowhand on many of the ranches in the Williamson Valley area, as well as in Coconino County.  He returned to the Williamson Valley area, Simmons, Arizona, in 1886 and established the Cross Triangle Ranch, which later became a dude ranch.

Since 1886, this ranch has been bought and sold many times.  Over the years, various people and families have made this ranch land their own and some have had family members died.  The cemetery is small, with marked graves, but undoubtedly numerous unmarked graves.   Dates on the headstones range from 1880-1922.   Originally, it may have been a family or ranch area cemetery, as many of the names are limited to the same family names such as Allen, Harris, Koontz, Young, etc.  Charles “Lon” Young, who died in 1913, was a Yavapai County Deputy.

Today (2018), this ranch is known as the Las Vegas Ranch Cemetery, but has been known by a variety of other names over the years, including Williamson Valley Cemetery, Granite Mountain Cemetery, Long Meadow Ranch Cemetery and Pierce Cemetery. This cemetery is on private property, and cannot be visited without permission from the current ranch owners - the Pierce Family.

Purchase

To purchase this image please click on the NOTIFY US button and we will contact you with details

Notify Us

The process for online purchase of usage rights to this digital image is under development. To order this image, CLICK HERE to send an email request for details. Refer to the ‘Usage Terms & Conditions’ page for specific information. A signed “Permission for Use” contract must be completed and returned. Written permission from Sharlot Hall Museum is required to publish, display, or reproduce in any form whatsoever, including all types of electronic media including, but not limited to online sources, websites, Facebook Twitter, or eBooks. Digital files of images, text, sound or audio/visual recordings, or moving images remain the property of Sharlot Hall Museum, and may not be copied, modified, redistributed, resold nor deposited with another institution. Sharlot Hall Museum reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any of its materials, and to impose such conditions as it may deem appropriate. For certain scenarios, the price for personal usage of the digital content is minimal; CLICK HERE to download the specific form for personal usage. For additional information, contact the Museum Library & Archives at 928-445-3122 ext. 14 or email: orderdesk@sharlot.org.

Close