Truxton Canyon Indian School Dormitory
detailsUnknown Unknown bus5008p.jpg BU-S-5008 B&W 1408.5008.0000 bus5008p Print 3x5 Historic Photographs 1901-1912 Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives
Photo of the brick dormitory of the Truxton Canyon Indian School outside Kingman, established in 1901, as seen from the Atlantic & Pacific railroad line, taken some time between 1901 and 1912, when the dormitory was expanded. A similar shot was published as a "Phostint" postcard describing the school as "...a U.S. Government Indian school where the Hualapai and Havasupai Indians were made over into educated citizens." The school closed in May 1937, and the dorm was demolished in 1960. Its bricks, manufactured on site with Indian labor, were recycled to build the Mohave County Museum of History and Arts in Kingman.
To purchase this image please click on the NOTIFY US button and we will contact you with details
The process for online purchase of usage rights to this digital image is under development. To order this image, CLICK HERE to send an email request for details. Refer to the ‘Usage Terms & Conditions’ page for specific information. A signed “Permission for Use” contract must be completed and returned. Written permission from Sharlot Hall Museum is required to publish, display, or reproduce in any form whatsoever, including all types of electronic media including, but not limited to online sources, websites, Facebook Twitter, or eBooks. Digital files of images, text, sound or audio/visual recordings, or moving images remain the property of Sharlot Hall Museum, and may not be copied, modified, redistributed, resold nor deposited with another institution. Sharlot Hall Museum reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any of its materials, and to impose such conditions as it may deem appropriate. For certain scenarios, the price for personal usage of the digital content is minimal; CLICK HERE to download the specific form for personal usage. For additional information, contact the Museum Library & Archives at 928-445-3122 ext. 14 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.