Prescott's first schoolhouse
detailsUnknown Brisley Drug Co. bus5046ph.jpg S-5046 Sepia 1408-5046-0008 bus5046ph Postcard 3x5 Historic Photographs 1870s Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives
Prescott's first schoolhouse, on corner of Granite and Carleton Streets. Built in 1868 or 1869, this hand-hewn log cabin remained in use until 1873, when it was replaced by a new structure after it was determined that the schoolhouse was vulnerable to flooding from Granite Creek. The building stood at that location until 1948, when it was destroyed in a fire.
Postcard reads "First Pioneers' School House, Prescott, Ariz."
To purchase this image please click on the NOTIFY US button and we will contact you with details
The process for online purchase of usage rights to this digital image is under development. To order this image, CLICK HERE to send an email request for details. Refer to the ‘Usage Terms & Conditions’ page for specific information. A signed “Permission for Use” contract must be completed and returned. Written permission from Sharlot Hall Museum is required to publish, display, or reproduce in any form whatsoever, including all types of electronic media including, but not limited to online sources, websites, Facebook Twitter, or eBooks. Digital files of images, text, sound or audio/visual recordings, or moving images remain the property of Sharlot Hall Museum, and may not be copied, modified, redistributed, resold nor deposited with another institution. Sharlot Hall Museum reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any of its materials, and to impose such conditions as it may deem appropriate. For certain scenarios, the price for personal usage of the digital content is minimal; CLICK HERE to download the specific form for personal usage. For additional information, contact the Museum Library & Archives at 928-445-3122 ext. 14 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.