Timothy Lamberson


details

Unknown Unknown po0896p.jpg PC-50, Folder - Lamberson, Timonthy L. B&W 1700.0896.0000 po0896p Print 2.5x4.5 Photo Collections 1878 Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives

Description

Timothy Lamberson (b. May 11, 1809 in Ohio – d. April 2, 1880, Walnut Grove, Yavapai County, Arizona). Timothy was born  to Timothy Lamberson Sr. and Elizabeth Mosser. He married Sarah Strieby on January 20, 1830 and in 1845, together with their six children, ages one to fourteen, joined a wagon train (The New London Emigrating Company) in St. Joseph, Missouri bound for Oregon. He settled his family on Sauvie’s Island near Portland. He wandered to pre-Gold Rush California in 1846, and returned to California in 1849 and found gold on the Sacramento River. By this time, Timothy was in the mill business at Scappoose, Oregon. After Sarah died January 12, 1852, he remarried on Christmas Day, 1852 to Ann P. Gardner, a school teacher, who took over responsibility of caring for his nine children. Ann was born in Pennsylvania about 1818 of English parents. They moved to Mexico in 1857, where he farmed and attempted stock raising, but he returned to Oregon in 1859 and then moved to Sonora, Mexico where he raised stock. In 1860 theymoved to the San Pedro Settlement, New Mexico near Fort Breckenridge. The next move was to Pima County, Arizona. Driven off by Apaches, they settled near Walnut Grove (a settlement on the Hassayampa), Yavapai County in 1864 where Timothy worked a placer mine, ranched, put in a peach orchard and built a grist mill. He survived several skirmishes with Indians, was wounded several times and died on April 2, 1880 as a result of a severe wound from an Indian attack.

Source: Research by Bernadine Dafoe, the great-great granddaughter of Timothy Lamberson and several Arizona Miner references.

Purchase

To purchase this image please click on the NOTIFY US button and we will contact you with details

Notify Us

The process for online purchase of usage rights to this digital image is under development. To order this image, CLICK HERE to send an email request for details. Refer to the ‘Usage Terms & Conditions’ page for specific information. A signed “Permission for Use” contract must be completed and returned. Written permission from Sharlot Hall Museum is required to publish, display, or reproduce in any form whatsoever, including all types of electronic media including, but not limited to online sources, websites, Facebook Twitter, or eBooks. Digital files of images, text, sound or audio/visual recordings, or moving images remain the property of Sharlot Hall Museum, and may not be copied, modified, redistributed, resold nor deposited with another institution. Sharlot Hall Museum reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any of its materials, and to impose such conditions as it may deem appropriate. For certain scenarios, the price for personal usage of the digital content is minimal; CLICK HERE to download the specific form for personal usage. For additional information, contact the Museum Library & Archives at 928-445-3122 ext. 14 or email: orderdesk@sharlot.org.

Close