detailsUnknown Unknown buc1037pb.jpg BU-C-1037 B&W 1402-1037-0002 buc1037pb Print 4x4 Historic Photographs c. 1960 Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives
Exterior view of the original northern Methodist Church in Prescott.
The Methodist Church is the oldest Protestant chuch in Arizona. In November 1891 the cornestone was laid for the Methodist Episcopal Church on Marina Street. It moved from there to Gurley Street in Prescott.
Other churches occupied this building. The Nazarene Church moved into the Marina Street building between 1938 and 1939. In 1970, the Presbyterian Church moved into the premises.
Sources: Journal of Arizona History Autumn 2008 (Vol. 49:3): p 275; Prescott city directories
To purchase this image please click on the NOTIFY US button and we will contact you with details
The process for online purchase of usage rights to this digital image is under development. To order this image, CLICK HERE to send an email request for details. Refer to the ‘Usage Terms & Conditions’ page for specific information. A signed “Permission for Use” contract must be completed and returned. Written permission from Sharlot Hall Museum is required to publish, display, or reproduce in any form whatsoever, including all types of electronic media including, but not limited to online sources, websites, Facebook Twitter, or eBooks. Digital files of images, text, sound or audio/visual recordings, or moving images remain the property of Sharlot Hall Museum, and may not be copied, modified, redistributed, resold nor deposited with another institution. Sharlot Hall Museum reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any of its materials, and to impose such conditions as it may deem appropriate. For certain scenarios, the price for personal usage of the digital content is minimal; CLICK HERE to download the specific form for personal usage. For additional information, contact the Museum Library & Archives at 928-445-3122 ext. 14 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.