Howey Hall


Unknown Unknown fi0153pe.jpg FI-0153 B&W 1350.0153.0005 fi0153pe Print 4x6 Historic Photographs 1930s Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives


Howey Hall, Prescott Fire Department. Howey Hall is the brick building pictured to the left of the Fire Department.

The southeast corner of Goodwin and Cortez Street was the site of Howey's Hall, which was built on the first lot sold (for $175) in Prescott by James Howey in 1876. The Goldwater family opened their first mercantile store here. It was later converted to an opera house "dedicated to mirth and dancing." It was a secondhand store when the City purchased it in 1904 for a fire station. Howey's Hall was demolished in 1959, replaced by today's City Hall. Source: Historical Marker Project: Site of Howey's Hall.


To purchase this image please click on the NOTIFY US button and we will contact you with details

Notify Us

The process for online purchase of usage rights to this digital image is under development. To order this image, CLICK HERE to send an email request for details. Refer to the ‘Usage Terms & Conditions’ page for specific information. A signed “Permission for Use” contract must be completed and returned. Written permission from Sharlot Hall Museum is required to publish, display, or reproduce in any form whatsoever, including all types of electronic media including, but not limited to online sources, websites, Facebook Twitter, or eBooks. Digital files of images, text, sound or audio/visual recordings, or moving images remain the property of Sharlot Hall Museum, and may not be copied, modified, redistributed, resold nor deposited with another institution. Sharlot Hall Museum reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any of its materials, and to impose such conditions as it may deem appropriate. For certain scenarios, the price for personal usage of the digital content is minimal; CLICK HERE to download the specific form for personal usage. For additional information, contact the Museum Library & Archives at 928-445-3122 ext. 14 or email: