Crown King Mill
details
Unknown Unknown 1600-0208-0001.jpg M-208 B&W 1600-0208-0001 m208pa Print 8x10 Historic Photographs 1880s Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & ArchivesDescription
An overview of the Crown King Mill and Mine, Pine Grove District, Bradshaw Mountains, Yavapai County, Arizona, circa 1880's.
The Crown King Mine was a gold and silver mine located in Yavapai county, Arizona at an elevation of 6,398 feet. It was named the "Crowned King Mine" originally, but the name of the mine and the town that grew up around it was shortened to "Crown King" in 1888.
Rich deposits of gold ore were found near its' surface in its early days. The mine and mill passed through a series of owners, beginning with the Crown King Mining Company from 1890-1895. The next owners worked the mine and mill until 1899, but a series of squabbles between differing factions of the company led to its closing; the Crown King Mine was closed in 1901 by court order. During the 1890-1901 period, the mine had an estimated production of $1,500,000 of which $200,000 was paid in dividends.
The Crown King was sold to new owners/investors beginning in the early 1900's. They benefitted from the extension of the Prescott & Eastern Railway into Mayer in 1899, and the completion, in 1904, of the Bradshaw Railway from Mayer to Crown King in 1904. Both additions helped substantially reduce the costs of transporting the ore concentrates and middlings from the mine and mill. Eventually, the railroad tracks were removed and replaced with a graded roadway to the property and a 300-ton flotation-concentration mill was built.
Purchase
To purchase this image please click on the NOTIFY US button and we will contact you with details
The process for online purchase of usage rights to this digital image is under development. To order this image, CLICK HERE to send an email request for details. Refer to the ‘Usage Terms & Conditions’ page for specific information. A signed “Permission for Use” contract must be completed and returned. Written permission from Sharlot Hall Museum is required to publish, display, or reproduce in any form whatsoever, including all types of electronic media including, but not limited to online sources, websites, Facebook Twitter, or eBooks. Digital files of images, text, sound or audio/visual recordings, or moving images remain the property of Sharlot Hall Museum, and may not be copied, modified, redistributed, resold nor deposited with another institution. Sharlot Hall Museum reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any of its materials, and to impose such conditions as it may deem appropriate. For certain scenarios, the price for personal usage of the digital content is minimal; CLICK HERE to download the specific form for personal usage. For additional information, contact the Museum Library & Archives at 928-445-3122 ext. 14 or email: orderdesk@sharlot.org.