The Mayer Owl
detailsUnknown Unknown 1100-2023-3103.jpg Days Past B&W 1100-2023-3103 1100-2023-3103 Print 5x7 Media Circa 1925 Reproduction rights are not available. Owned by another institution.
The Mayer Owl , circa 1925.
The Mayer Owl began business about 1918. Alfred E. Rice owned the Owl, a combination drug and sundries store with a soda fountain, restaurant and movie theater. Frank Promberger came to Mayer in 1923 and managed the Owl for Mr. Rice, whose occupation was listed in the directories throughout the 1920s as “miner.” This interior photograph about 1925 shows the soda fountain along with all sorts of merchandise, including pipes, pocket watches, greeting cards and Cracker Jacks, piled up behind the bar. Mike, the cook, is on the left, then Mr. Rice, then Elsie the waitress and Frank Promberger on the right. The building burned in 1931.
Courtesy Nancy Burgess
To purchase this image please click on the NOTIFY US button and we will contact you with details
The process for online purchase of usage rights to this digital image is under development. To order this image, CLICK HERE to send an email request for details. Refer to the ‘Usage Terms & Conditions’ page for specific information. A signed “Permission for Use” contract must be completed and returned. Written permission from Sharlot Hall Museum is required to publish, display, or reproduce in any form whatsoever, including all types of electronic media including, but not limited to online sources, websites, Facebook Twitter, or eBooks. Digital files of images, text, sound or audio/visual recordings, or moving images remain the property of Sharlot Hall Museum, and may not be copied, modified, redistributed, resold nor deposited with another institution. Sharlot Hall Museum reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any of its materials, and to impose such conditions as it may deem appropriate. For certain scenarios, the price for personal usage of the digital content is minimal; CLICK HERE to download the specific form for personal usage. For additional information, contact the Museum Library & Archives at 928-445-3122 ext. 14 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.