John Lawler


Unknown Unknown 1700-0897-0006.jpg PO-0897 B&W 1700-0897-0006 1700-0897-0006 Copy Negative 4x4 Historic Photographs 1911 Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives



John William Lawler (b. 1908 - 1999) was born in Prescott, Arizona  on March 3, 1908. His parents were William M. Lawler and Mary J. Smith. He was the nephew of John F. "Jack" Lawler, the discoverer and owner of the Hillside Mine.

John W. Lawler married Helen. They donated Lawler family materials to the Sharlot Hall Museum at various times, beginning in 1988.

Handwriting on back of photograph reads: "John William Lawler, as a toddler/child, approximately 1911".

He died on December 20, 1999 in Phoenix, Arizona. He is buried in St. Francis Catholic Cemetery in Phoenix.

Sources: Arizona Project; US Public Records, 1970-2009.


To purchase this image please click on the NOTIFY US button and we will contact you with details

Notify Us

The process for online purchase of usage rights to this digital image is under development. To order this image, CLICK HERE to send an email request for details. Refer to the ‘Usage Terms & Conditions’ page for specific information. A signed “Permission for Use” contract must be completed and returned. Written permission from Sharlot Hall Museum is required to publish, display, or reproduce in any form whatsoever, including all types of electronic media including, but not limited to online sources, websites, Facebook Twitter, or eBooks. Digital files of images, text, sound or audio/visual recordings, or moving images remain the property of Sharlot Hall Museum, and may not be copied, modified, redistributed, resold nor deposited with another institution. Sharlot Hall Museum reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any of its materials, and to impose such conditions as it may deem appropriate. For certain scenarios, the price for personal usage of the digital content is minimal; CLICK HERE to download the specific form for personal usage. For additional information, contact the Museum Library & Archives at 928-445-3122 ext. 14 or email: