Cherry Cemetery - Floyd & Mary Gindhart Graves


Parker Anderson Unknown 1020-0168-0044.jpg C-0168 Color 1020-0168-0044 1020-0168-0044 Print 4x6 Historic Photographs July 14, 2019 Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives


This photo shows the graves of Floyd and Mary Gindhart in Cherry Cemetery.

The town of Cherry is located on Highway 372, and was established in 1886 near Cherry Creek.  A former mining town, Cherry had a population of 400 people at its peak.  As mining ended in the 1930s, citizens left the community and Cherry's Post Office was discontinued on March 15, 1943.  Today, Cherry is a small retirement community, with no stores or other facilities except a fire station.

Cherry Cemetery was originally called Cherry Creek Cemetery and was established as a burial ground for the Allen pioneer family.  Later, it became the cemetery for the town, and it is still in use.  Marked graves date back to the early 20th century. 


To purchase this image please click on the NOTIFY US button and we will contact you with details

Notify Us

The process for online purchase of usage rights to this digital image is under development. To order this image, CLICK HERE to send an email request for details. Refer to the ‘Usage Terms & Conditions’ page for specific information. A signed “Permission for Use” contract must be completed and returned. Written permission from Sharlot Hall Museum is required to publish, display, or reproduce in any form whatsoever, including all types of electronic media including, but not limited to online sources, websites, Facebook Twitter, or eBooks. Digital files of images, text, sound or audio/visual recordings, or moving images remain the property of Sharlot Hall Museum, and may not be copied, modified, redistributed, resold nor deposited with another institution. Sharlot Hall Museum reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any of its materials, and to impose such conditions as it may deem appropriate. For certain scenarios, the price for personal usage of the digital content is minimal; CLICK HERE to download the specific form for personal usage. For additional information, contact the Museum Library & Archives at 928-445-3122 ext. 14 or email: