San Carlos Yavapai & Apaches


details

Mitchell & Baer, Photographers Unknown ina0101pd.jpg IN-A-101 B&W 1500.0101.0004 ina0101pd Stereograph Print 3.5x7.5 Historic Photographs 1880s Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives

Description

Yavapai Indian couple in front with Apache Indian men and women in back on the San Carlos Reservation.

In February 1873, 1,200 Apaches were marched from Fort Grant to establish the San Carlos Reservation at the confluence of the San Carlos River and the Gila River. The chosen location on a gravel terrace above the combined rivers was barren, inhospitable and could not support the population. A small detachment of soldiers remained at the new reservation and a system to supply weekly rations to the population was established. That system would last until after 1900.

Purchase

To purchase this image please click on the NOTIFY US button and we will contact you with details

Notify Us

The process for online purchase of usage rights to this digital image is under development. To order this image, CLICK HERE to send an email request for details. Refer to the ‘Usage Terms & Conditions’ page for specific information. A signed “Permission for Use” contract must be completed and returned. Written permission from Sharlot Hall Museum is required to publish, display, or reproduce in any form whatsoever, including all types of electronic media including, but not limited to online sources, websites, Facebook Twitter, or eBooks. Digital files of images, text, sound or audio/visual recordings, or moving images remain the property of Sharlot Hall Museum, and may not be copied, modified, redistributed, resold nor deposited with another institution. Sharlot Hall Museum reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any of its materials, and to impose such conditions as it may deem appropriate. For certain scenarios, the price for personal usage of the digital content is minimal; CLICK HERE to download the specific form for personal usage. For additional information, contact the Museum Library & Archives at 928-445-3122 ext. 14 or email: orderdesk@sharlot.org.

Close