Cottonwood Main Street Bridge
detailsUnknown Unknown br0132pf.jpg BR-132 B&W 1015-0132-0006 br0132pf Print 4x6 Historic Photographs c. 1934 Reproduction requires permission. Digital images property of SHM Library & Archives
This stone bridge was built between 1060 and 1124 N. Main Street in Cottonwood, Arizona. Today, it is located on the north end of Old Towne Cottonwood area.
This was a Civil Works Administration (C.W.A.) construction project, part of the New Deal program put forth during Franklin D. Roosevelt's first presidential term.
This stone bridge is being built across a wash, now called Cottonwood Ditch, which is close to the Verde River. The bridge construction was completed in 1934.
The Liberty Collision Works Building, which was still standing in 2008, at 1060 N. Main served as a field office for work relief groups.
The photo shows the view looking northwest.
To purchase this image please click on the NOTIFY US button and we will contact you with details
The process for online purchase of usage rights to this digital image is under development. To order this image, CLICK HERE to send an email request for details. Refer to the ‘Usage Terms & Conditions’ page for specific information. A signed “Permission for Use” contract must be completed and returned. Written permission from Sharlot Hall Museum is required to publish, display, or reproduce in any form whatsoever, including all types of electronic media including, but not limited to online sources, websites, Facebook Twitter, or eBooks. Digital files of images, text, sound or audio/visual recordings, or moving images remain the property of Sharlot Hall Museum, and may not be copied, modified, redistributed, resold nor deposited with another institution. Sharlot Hall Museum reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any of its materials, and to impose such conditions as it may deem appropriate. For certain scenarios, the price for personal usage of the digital content is minimal; CLICK HERE to download the specific form for personal usage. For additional information, contact the Museum Library & Archives at 928-445-3122 ext. 14 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.